Thursday, February 10, 2011

Wintertime Blues

I'm not gonna lie. This entire weekend I had a serious case of the winter blues. But as I wandered into the Charlotte Art League Gallery on Sunday afternoon, I couldn't help but notice a change in the air. The current exhibition here is called "Blues," and featured are several different artists and their interpretations of what that word evokes in them - an oil on canvas of a rich, enticing blue sky; a gorgeous photograph of the Blue Ridge Mountains; or, my personal favorite, a close-up photograph of a guitar with a cigarette (Gene Lazo's "Smokin' Blues.")The vivid colors and lush textures drew me right in, and I loved how the focus varied from dreamy hues to instruments. A dose of the "Blues" cured my case of the blues. Who knew?

-Ali Macaluso

No comments:

Post a Comment